Baccarat – Dragon Bonus option
In Baccarat, you are betting whether the Banker or Player will have a hand worth closer to 9, or that the hand will be a tie. Just choose a side and see what happens!
How to play
- To begin, simply place a bet on Banker, Player or Tie based on your predicted outcome. Banker and Player are just placeholder names for the hands. There is no actual ‘player’ who gets the cards.
- After placing your bets, two cards are dealt by the Dealer to each hand. The first and third card are the Player’s, the second and fourth are the Banker’s.
- The Dealer will read out the value of each hand, with only the right hand digit being counted.
- Based on the hands, any additional cards required are drawn by the Dealer according to the Table of Play (tableau) overleaf.
It’s not necessary to fully memorise the tableau in order to take part in the game, but it will help you to better understand what’s going on.
- If the hand you bet on finishes closer to 9, you win!
- Winning bets are paid even money, except where the Banker’s hand wins with a total of 6. In this case, winning bets will be paid half.
- On our high limit tables, the casino retains a 5%commission on winning banker bets.
- Successful Tie bets are paid at 8 to 1.
- Canberra Pairs is an optional side bet that the first two cards of either the Banker or Player will be a pair. Winning bets are paid 11 to 1. All other combinations lose.
Table of Play
|Banker’s point total||When player’s third card is||When player’s third card is|
|3||1-2-3-4-5-6-7-9-0: Draws||8: Stands|
|4||2-3-4-5-6-7: Draws||0-1-8-9: Stands|
|5||4-5-6-7: Draws||0-1-2-3-8-9: Stands|
|6||6-7: Draws||0-1-2-3-4-5-8-9: Stands|
|8-9||Has a natural and cannot draw|
Player’s hand third card rule
|Player’s first two cards total||Player’s hand|
|0-1-2-3-4-5||Draws a card unless the banker has a natural|
When the Dragon Bonus option is in play:
- A player may place a Dragon Bonus wager regardless of whether they or any other player has placed a valid wager on the Player, the Banker or Tie.
- A player may place simultaneous Dragon Bonus wagers. For example, in any one round of play, a player may place a wager on both players Dragon Bonus and banker Dragon Bonus.
- Prior to the first card being dealt, each player shall be given the
opportunity to place a wager in the Dragon Bonus box. All
wagers shall be made by placing gaming chips in the designated
Dragon Bonus betting area.
How to Play a Dragon Bonus Wager
1. On the banker’s hand:
- Wins, if the banker’s hand has a point count higher than the player’s hand and:
(A) is a natural; or
(B) is not a natural and has 4 or more points higher than the point count of the player’s hand;
- Loses, if the banker’s hand
(A) has a point count lower than the player’s hand; or
(B) is not a natural and has a point count less
2. On the player’s hand:
- Wins, if the player’s hand has a point count higher than the banker’s hand and:
(A) is a natural; or
(B) is not a natural and has 4 or more points higher than the point count of the banker’s hand;
- Loses on the player’s hand, if the player’s hand:
(A) has a point count lower than the banker’s hand; or
(B) is not a natural and has a point count less than 4 points higher than the banker’s hand;
3. Neither wins or loses, if point count of the cards dealt to the the banker’s hand and the player’s hand both form a natural and have the same point count (standoff).
Dragon Bonus Pay-out Odds
|Win by 9 points||30 to 1|
|Win by 8 points||10 to 1|
|Win by 7 points||6 to 1|
|Win by 6 points||4 to 1|
|Win by 5 points||2 to 1|
|Win by 4 points||1 to 1|
|Natural winner||1 to 1|