Part-time, 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Within this challenging role the successful applicant will be responsible for the efficient and effective preparation and maintenance of various rosters within the gaming department, ensuring a high level of support to department heads and the provision of exceptional internal customer service.
Cards on the table – The role
As the Scheduling Officer, you will play an essential part in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Gaming Department.
- Primary focus on delivering rosters to achieve business and Enterprise Agreement deadlines and requirements;
- Prepare daily rosters for all staff within relevant departments and make alterations as required;
- Ensure sick calls and other requests are appropriately handled and arrange to replace and cover shifts as required;
- Communicate openly and effectively with courtesy, fairness, and integrity to all team members;
- Develop strong knowledge of department business, staffing and customer activities to support rostering effectiveness.
- Ensure business roster requirements are completed within budgetary expectation and invoke signoff processes through the Gaming Operations Manager where required.
- Provide accurate costing forecasts to assist the Gaming Operations Manager assess budget requirements.
- Utilise supply and demand data to identify potential rostering improvements and potential cost savings.
- Ensure full confidentiality of all information collected for both employee and operations.
A perfect pair – Who are we looking for?
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong teamwork focus and a professional, flexible and innovative approach to daily tasks;
- Efficient and accurate data entry skills and high-level attention to detail;
- Problem solving ability;
- Proficiency in computer applications – Excel and Word;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
We are a diverse workforce with a focus on excellence in entertainment and customer service. We have fun and pride ourselves on professionalism while providing our customers with a great experience.
#WinningAtWork – The benefits
We recognise our people are our most important assets. As such, we offer many benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Secure career opportunity with above award wages and conditions
- Free meals while on shift;
- Dining discounts at natural nine;
- Easy access to public transport and discounted parking;
- On site bike storage;
- Professional development and training opportunities;
- Staff discounts;
- Staff rewards;
- Employee Assistance Program; and
Keeping it above board – Eligibility criteria
Due to the nature of our business, you must be at least 18 years of age and have the right to work in Australia.
Deal me in – Application process
To apply for this position, apply via SEEK
- Attach a cover letter telling us about yourself and what you would bring to Casino Canberra?
- Upload your CV
If you would further information on this position please email email@example.com quoting Ref:SO012023
Applications close: 5pm Friday 3rd March 2023