- The goal of Casino War is simply for your hand to beat the dealer’s hand by drawing the highest card. Casino War also has an optional bet called a ‘Tie Wager’ where odds of 10 to 1 are paid if your card is the same as the dealer’s initial card.
- Casino War is played with 6 or 8 decks and the cards are dealt face-up so you can see your rank value.
- The rank of cards from highest to lowest is Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. All suits have the same value.
How to play
- The game is played with six or eight decks. Cards are ranked as in poker, except aces are always high. The suit does not matter.
- After the players have made a wager each player and the dealer shall get one card.
- Each player’s card shall be compared with the dealer’s card. If the player’s card is higher he wins even money. If the dealer’s card is higher the player loses.
- In the event of a tie the player shall have two choices: (1) surrender and forfeit half the bet or (2) go to war (see rule 5)
- If the player elects to go to war he must raise his bet by an amount equal to his original wager. The dealer will give the player and dealer another card each. If the player’s second card beats the dealer then the player shall win even money on the raise only and the original wager shall push. If the dealer’s second card is greater the player shall lose both bets.
- In the event of another tie, the player shall receive even money on both the original wager and raise bet.
- A tie bet is also available, which pays 10 to 1 if the player’s card is the same as the dealer’s.
The wagers which can be placed in respect of an individual round of play and the odds payable for winning wagers placed on them are described in the table below:
|Casino War Wager||Player’s first card has a higher rank than the dealer’s first card.||1 to 1|
|Player elects to go to war and is dealt a second card with the same rank as the second card to the dealer.||1 to 1|
|Player elects to go to war and is dealt a second card with a higher rank than the second card dealt to the dealer.||push|
|Go to War Wager||Player elects to go to war and is dealt a second card with a higher rank than the dealer’s second card.||1 to 1|
|Player elects to go to war and is dealt a second card with the same rank as the dealer’s second card.||1 to 1|
|Tie Wager||The players first card has the same rank as the dealer’s first card.||10 to 1|